New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Vfire77 Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:27 pm
Hey people just wondering what happened to the forums off of Akai Pro .com?? It used to go to getsatisfaction but now when you click through it says community is retired?? There is nothing on the site redirecting to a new forum. I used to get a lot of help through that site, the Akai staff were always answering my questions...
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:27 am
Vfire77 wrote:Thanks....I don't know why akai just wouldn't host their own forum. Strange that getsat just offed all these acounts just like that

Hosting your own forum is a lot of work, it's easier to outsource it to a dedicated company who handle all the software and server maintenance. But then you don't 'own' your forum, so if the forum provider decides to pull the service or tries to force you to upgrade to their new, significantly more expensive service, you are SOL.

Apparently Akai are looking into a new solution, but I guess that could take some time given they've not even got round to updating their site navigation to stop pointing to the retired forum :mrgreen: