New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By jhobson Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:43 am
If you are a person inclined to try things before reading manuals, then it is easy to miss the driver step... way too easy.

I guess there are also different ways of getting the software.
It is true that Install-MPC-v2.11-2.11.1.62-release-Windows.zip includes an assets folder with the appropriate driver. But this is the full free trial version.

For some reason, I was trying to install from Install-MPC-Beats-v2.11-Windows.zip ... which does not have the assets folder. Which is what I thought I downloaded after registering my MPC and requesting an install serial number.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:57 am
Sorry, this is completely unnecessary. Just run the main MPC Software installer (either from your account or via the trial), choose your MPC model and it will install all the required apps and drivers for you.

And what's all the talk of a 'display driver'? This is purely for the MPC Touch, not for the MPC One.

themixtape wrote:
DukaMolly wrote:I was having the same problem and I fix it after 5 hrs.
I hope it helps.

Search on google for: mpc 2 free 7 day trial
Choose first option: MPC2 Desktop Recording Software DAW | Akai Pro
Down in web page on 'take a trial', Download mpc2 trial for pc or mac or whatever you are using.

unzip the file and inside there is one instaler and one folder call: installer_assets. open this folder...
Inside this folder there is other folder call Drivers, open this one...
And then install the right one for you... in my case was: install akai profesional MPC one 1.0.5
then tourn on your mpc one hardware, put in on controller mode - is gonna be looking for a pc.
open MPC Beat software... the software is gonna ask to complete audio settings, there you have to choose
Audio Device Type: windows Audio
output: Speakers (MPC one audio)
Input (Line 1/2 (MPC One Audio)

Click on OK and that's it, your mpc one hardware is gonna open as normal but in controller mode..

Hope its a big help for someone else.
Cheers. :nod:

THIS!!!!!!!!!

Why the **** is that MPC One driver (1.0.5) only available in this goddamned download, but NOT available from the Akai site? It makes no sense. The zip also includes the DisplayLink driver which I can almost guarantee will not work with Windows 7. I need to reboot to find out.

But THANK YOU for this trial thing. ****. WHY, AKAI, WHY?!?!?! Why the hell is that MPC One driver NOT AVAILABLE SEPARATELY? What is wrong with them? ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
By BostonGreen Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:37 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Sorry, this is completely unnecessary. Just run the main MPC Software installer (either from your account or via the trial), choose your MPC model and it will install all the required apps and drivers for you.

And what's all the talk of a 'display driver'? This is purely for the MPC Touch, not for the MPC One.

Unfortunately, sometimes the driver doesn't automatically install alongside the desktop instal, not sure if it's still an issue with the new update, but I've advised at least a dozen people with the 'waiting for connection' issue over the last 10 months and rerunning the installer fixed em all as far as I'm aware.

Something else regarding the driver install. You are prompted to reboot your pc and re-run the installer to complete the installation ....... Something I bet a lot of people miss ....
By Ranimal1 Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:18 am
Shout out to THEMIXTAPE!!!! That was spot on.... I had everything BUT the driver .... I found tge driver exactly how you described it.... The second I clicked on MPC Beats... The MPC One went to a work screen...
By joe1234596789 Mon May 08, 2023 5:27 pm
why am I not **** surprised
this is of course the last AKAI device I purchased

don't even get me started on that bloody profile.inmusicbrands.com sign-in horseshit

or that qr code on the MPC-One screen that cannot be even scanned, would be too easy to use
By joe1234596789 Mon May 08, 2023 5:42 pm
fyi YOU DONT HAVE TO DONWLOAD THE TRIAL archive

assets folder and the mpc one driver is in the first installer archive you downloaded

- disable your AV
- after manually installing the driver, reboot the pc
- unplug/replug the USB cable
- switch to controller mode
- launch the MPC software AFTER the controller init screen!!
- at some point the MPC will ask you if you want to change your audio device
- choose ASIO, it will display the akai device (damn it this should be in the **** PDF)
- the MPC software would do that too..makes no sense but hey.. **** should I know
- you should also see an additional drive on your pc if you inserted an SD card in the MPC One
- a small additional Device window should also popup at some point (then will never appear again if you installed the driver - this is beyond retarded)

you might want to redo the operation

- oh and plug your midi controller to the pc instead of the MPC one

you're welcome
I accept cash, 6 packs, and your girlfriend if she's hot
By javibent Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:02 am
joe1234596789 wrote:fyi YOU DONT HAVE TO DONWLOAD THE TRIAL archive

assets folder and the mpc one driver is in the first installer archive you downloaded

- disable your AV
- after manually installing the driver, reboot the pc
- unplug/replug the USB cable
- switch to controller mode
- launch the MPC software AFTER the controller init screen!!
- at some point the MPC will ask you if you want to change your audio device
- choose ASIO, it will display the akai device (damn it this should be in the **** PDF)
- the MPC software would do that too..makes no sense but hey.. **** should I know
- you should also see an additional drive on your pc if you inserted an SD card in the MPC One
- a small additional Device window should also popup at some point (then will never appear again if you installed the driver - this is beyond retarded)

you might want to redo the operation

- oh and plug your midi controller to the pc instead of the MPC one

you're welcome
I accept cash, 6 packs, and your girlfriend if she's hot

nothing of these works for me :( still with the same issue
By slacktmusic Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:57 am
This is what helped me yesterday. I was going insane as it was stuck on "Looking For Computer...". Tried different USB ports/hubs, updated my USB drivers to no avail and reinstalled the MPC One driver.
I'm on Windows 11...

I then opened device manager (click Windows icon, type device manager) and noticed that the Akai Professional MPC One Audio device had a exclamation mark next to it. Right clicked and did reinstall driver (or was it update, don't remember, should do the same thing). Then it finally started working!

Hope this helps someone...
By MickG666 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:26 pm
I use a Mac and I've had the same problem: "Looking for Computer".
I found that if I run MPC Beats before running MPC2 Desktop on my Mac, it makes the USB connection.
Then I quit MPC Beats and run MPC2 Desktop and it works OK.