New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By beauchampy Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:02 pm
i need an efficent way of transferring my samples on my pc to my 2000xl. I just fitted a Zip 250 into my MPC, am I right in assuming if I get a 250 zip drive for my PC it'll have no problems reading and writing to the zip discs I use in my mpc?

TIA!

By Smoove03 Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:15 pm
right :)

you shouldnt.............

i have two zip drives. i use the 100mb ones. one scsi zip for my mpc. one usb zip for my computer. i have no problems at all

By beauchampy Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:17 pm
another question (along the same topic - cant really be bothered to start a new thread).

is there any significant speed difference between the internal IDE zip drive and the scsi one?
By Lampdog Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:25 pm
beauchampy wrote:i need an efficent way of transferring my samples on my pc to my 2000xl. I just fitted a Zip 250 into my MPC, am I right in assuming if I get a 250 zip drive for my PC it'll have no problems reading and writing to the zip discs I use in my mpc?
TIA!

Format your zip on PC.
Name your files in 8.3 format only, ie. 12345678.123, ie. kickdrum.wav(or snd)
If you don't follow this SIMPLE advice you will cause yourself grief, tell em SMOOVE. He should heed this waring.

beauchampy wrote:another question (along the same topic - cant really be bothered to start a new thread). is there any significant speed difference between the internal IDE zip drive and the scsi one?

HD samples load faster. I have 250 internal for XL and SCSI HD for XL.

By Smoove03 Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:30 pm
yes sir. things can get stupid but take the steps and you'll be cool. :wink: