New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By robflys Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:22 am
Hey all. Maschine-head new to MPC. So, I’m used to maschine doing all audio creation and processing within the Mac as the mk3 is merely a controller. When I get the MPC Live2, as a standalone, it’s all done in the box when I’ll be on the road, and if I use it as a controller At home connected to the Mac, it’s like the maschine in the respect that all processing and audio is done in the computer, correct?

Here’s the real questions I have:

1) when I use it at home, connected to the Mac, but NOT aim controller mode, is there a way for the audio from the MPC to go to the computer directly without using inputs on an audio interface? Like via usb?

2) Say I’m on a work trip and make some songs on the live2. When I get home, can I xfer those songs to the Mac based mpc software as easily as importing to Cubase as a wav?

I’m sorry for sounding so obtuse. This is new to me. Any help/clarification would be welcomed.

Thanks. :worthy:
By bees80 Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 am
robflys wrote:Hey all. Maschine-head new to MPC. So, I’m used to maschine doing all audio creation and processing within the Mac as the mk3 is merely a controller. When I get the MPC Live2, as a standalone, it’s all done in the box when I’ll be on the road, and if I use it as a controller At home connected to the Mac, it’s like the maschine in the respect that all processing and audio is done in the computer, correct?

Here’s the real questions I have:

1) when I use it at home, connected to the Mac, but NOT aim controller mode, is there a way for the audio from the MPC to go to the computer directly without using inputs on an audio interface? Like via usb?

2) Say I’m on a work trip and make some songs on the live2. When I get home, can I xfer those songs to the Mac based mpc software as easily as importing to Cubase as a wav?

I’m sorry for sounding so obtuse. This is new to me. Any help/clarification would be welcomed.

Thanks. :worthy:

1) You can use the ''explode'' function on your tracks and then import the wavs in your daw.
2) Yes.