New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By jsunandmax Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:51 am
So, i have my MPC One online, (ethernet cable into wifi-extender) and i have my Splice account working.

What I'm wondering what is best way to work with files so I can work w/ Ableton Live on PC. For example:

- save .abl files to network drives; for some reason MPC One doesn't show any drives that are not Internal or the SD Card

- organize all my samples on a network drive, for easy access from MPC One and Ableton.

- I put a little external USB drive on the MPC One and it doesn't even show up. (it is on a USB Hub).

Right now, to get my projects from MPC One, i literally have to save the project to the SD Card, move the card to my PC then copy it from SD card TO the PC/network drive. This is horrible.

Any help appreciated!

jason
By antic604 Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:46 am
jsunandmax wrote:What I WANT to do is save files FROM MPC One to the NAS Network folders (Z:) for example.

You can't. Network connection is only for Splice. Should've Reade the specs sheet before getting One...
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:42 am
jsunandmax wrote:What I WANT to do is save files FROM MPC One to the NAS Network folders (Z:) for example.

Network and MPC is no bueno. Below is the workout I figured out.

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=195745

Using the switch, I leave the USB FLASH or external SSD plug into it. I share the usb flash drive or ssd drive over the network. That way any computer can have access to it.
By jsunandmax Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:09 am
This actually looks like a decent solution. Lets see if I understand:

1. buy one of these USB switchers that can essentially plug into two devices at once (PC & One)
2. Plug into One but use the USB type B connection
3. Plug other end into PC (i'll probably use standard USB 2.0)
4. add USB drive in the 'front' of the switcher where you put your data

Now, that USB is accessable from BOTH the One and the PC and thats your 'network' drive.

Do i have that about right?

thanks!
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:35 am
It will only be accessible when you press the usb switch button. The problem is the MPC can't be networked while in standalone. If the Ethernet would function like most computer Ethernet ports function. We could just network the MPC and pull sound from any networked connected device.