New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Dankrigannon Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:23 am
I have tried for days to try to get my yamaha motif 6 to play to my mpc sequencer. All I can do is use my keyboard as a controler to play mpc kits on. So I know It is connected somewhat right, but I cant get my keyboard to sequence into my mpc. If anyone knows anything about this please help me. I dont know how to select a sound on my keyboard as say 1a, to play to my mpc kit with the 1a on. I made a blank pgm, and went through the steps, and I am clueless.

Another thing.... I should hear all the sounds through my mpc right? I am trying to do this with speakers hooked to my mpc, and not my keyboard. Ofcoarse that makes sense..... I am losing my mind over this.

By cooocooo1 Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:38 am
You need to.............................aww flowers it.

By cooocooo1 Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:42 am
Okay, I've done my anger management breathing now so.........

you need a mixer to route the audio from the MPC and the Motif to your speakers.
Last edited by cooocooo1 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By binger0 Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:42 am
Dankrigannon wrote:Another thing.... I should hear all the sounds through my mpc right? I am trying to do this with speakers hooked to my mpc, and not my keyboard. Ofcoarse that makes sense..... I am losing my mind over this.

:cry:
no it dont make sense. midi is a controller signal. it does not send audio at all. u remeber the old player pianos in movies with the roll that use to make the piano play by itself. thats what midi is. it tells ur shit when to turn shit on and off and for how long. so u would have to have both devices hooked up to hear them. all the mpc is doin is tellin the motiff to play. its not sendin the audio thru it. u need the outs of the motiff hooked up to a mixer too.

By Dankrigannon Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:04 am
No I figured it out. Midi doesnt send audio, just the signals... I know.. I need a mixer. Thanks.

By Dankrigannon Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:08 am
thanks binger for helping my dumb aas..

ANd cooo U aint got to lie to kick it... to them tricks and them beeaches.. out to get pacs riches...