New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By dahlbckkrome Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:24 am
So...I've had some issues in regards to loading some MPC expansions onto my MPC One.
I bought Jupiter Rising, Talkbox City OVXOand loaded them onto a SD-card and turned on the MPC, and they were nowhere to be found.
I then checked out a couple of videos on Youtube to see how to do an install, but I just can't get it to work! It seems like some of the expansions can be transfered through the MPC-DAW on the computer to the MPC One, but, for instance...one of the expansions that I bought was OVXO - Special Edition that has a file ending on xpn, which I figure is the format used specifically for MPC:s. Some of the expansions also have the ability to be installed on a computer, and I might be able to get it to work for most of them if I transfer the expansions through MPC-DAW-program.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:46 am
dahlbckkrome wrote:So...I've had some issues in regards to loading some MPC expansions onto my MPC One.
I bought Jupiter Rising, Talkbox City OVXOand loaded them onto a SD-card and turned on the MPC, and they were nowhere to be found.
I then checked out a couple of videos on Youtube to see how to do an install, but I just can't get it to work! It seems like some of the expansions can be transfered through the MPC-DAW on the computer to the MPC One, but, for instance...one of the expansions that I bought was OVXO - Special Edition that has a file ending on xpn, which I figure is the format used specifically for MPC:s. Some of the expansions also have the ability to be installed on a computer, and I might be able to get it to work for most of them if I transfer the expansions through MPC-DAW-program.

Go to step 4.

1. Download it from Akai Pro account and unzip the file.
2. Inside the zip file, will be a folder named: F9 instruments
3. Unzip it and drag the F9 instruments folder to your desktop
4. On your USB thumb drive/SD CARD create a new folder and name it: Expansions
5. Drag the instruments on your desktop to the Expansion folder on the USB Thumb drive/SD CARD
6. Eject the drive from your computer
7. Plug the USB Thumb drive/SD CARD into the MPC One
8. On the MPC One, go to browse and click Expansions tab.
9. The MPC One will see the Expansions on the USB Thumb drive/SD CARD

*NOTE: On the USB Thumb drive/SD CARD you'll only need one Expansions folder. Therefore when you purchase or create future expansions for standalone, just drag the instrument folder to that Same Expansion folder.

Don't use the Expansions folder to save samples. It's only for Expansion Instruments.