New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By NewSc2 Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:07 pm
Hey everybody,

I've been wanting to get into dance music production, and I've been listening to a lot of Underworld lately.

I know they use MPCs, but not having ever used an MPC, I'm kind of curious as to how I could live sequence and add in effects and stuff like they do. In fact, I don't really know how any hardware effects works; i've only using software.

How would I hook up all the equipment and use effects? and would an 2000xl be sufficient enough to hold a live mix?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm pretty confused.

By NewSc2 Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:02 pm
anybody?

By NewSc2 Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:02 pm
anybody? sorry i'd like to clarify my question better, but i'm pretty clueless

By Lampdog Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:01 pm
At least your honest about being clueless, haha.

What your asking is a big question that people might not want to even start to answer.

Depending on how you work and how BAD you want to work you can find a way to fit almost any peice of gear into a live mix.

I think the eb16 on 2kxl is only for 2kxl use and not hooking up external gear for use with the effects if that's what you are talking about.

Use outboard efx gear for a more broad selection of live efx mixing though, ie. - live microphone cannot take advantage of eb16 on 2kxl
ie. - live microphone hooked to mixer hooked to outboard efx unit works fine.