New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By valdemar Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:41 am
Hi,
trying to learn the ropes with the MPC Live II.

I am downloading everything from my account and some stuff I am able to install by just moving it onto the Sata disk on my MPC but some stuff I am unsure about.

Am I correct in that I can export even the content not made for the standalone MPC (as in expansions marked Mac/Windows), into a standalone MPC expansion using the desktop software?

Does this go for the plugins/effects as well? Such as DB-33, the Wub and so on.

I already have so much bloat on my computer and want to avoid adding more. I solely want to use the Live in stand-alone mode. But if installing it on my computer lets me convert it for the standalone, then I might just have to do it.
By dsy73 Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:33 am
Sorry I'm not sure to understand your issue.

But the rules for standalone mode are easy:
- many expansions are already compatibles with MPC hardware without conversion
- you can export any MPC expansion from MPC Software to get the expansion on your MPC
- you cannot use VST plugins on your MPC
By valdemar Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:30 pm
dsy73 wrote:- many expansions are already compatibles with MPC hardware without conversion
- you can export any MPC expansion from MPC Software to get the expansion on your MPC
- you cannot use VST plugins on your MPC

MPC-Tutor wrote:You can export all your installed sample expansions for standalone use. You cannot export plugins, these are purely for use on your computer.

Hey,
thank you. That leaves me a bit wiser.