New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By AI934 Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:23 pm
Can someone please explain to me exactly how to sample from the keyboard? Does the sampling go through the MIDI cables? Do I do it in normal sample mode or MIDI/Sync Mode? and if there are any settings I need to adjust to sample from the keyboard? I have tried several times but cant figure it out, I appriciate the help.

By Lampdog Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:18 pm
"Can someone please explain to me exactly how to sample from the keyboard?"
It's in your manual.

"Does the sampling go through the MIDI cables?"
No.

"Do I do it in normal sample mode or MIDI/Sync Mode?"
Sample

"and if there are any settings I need to adjust to sample from the keyboard?"
Volume

By AI934 Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:03 pm
The keyboard I have is basicly a piece of crap and the only input/outputs on it are MIDI in and MIDI out, if the sampling does not take place through the the MIDI cables then how is it possible to sample, there is no other way to make a connection?????

By cooocooo1 Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:20 pm
So no audio outputs huh? Sounds like a controller to me but I'm bettin' you're missin' somethin'.

By spectre Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:57 pm
AI934 wrote:The keyboard I have is basicly a piece of **** and the only input/outputs on it are MIDI in and MIDI out, if the sampling does not take place through the the MIDI cables then how is it possible to sample, there is no other way to make a connection?????

No headphones jack or nothing? Hmm...

By Lampdog Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:22 pm
Sounds like it's just a MIDI controller with no internal sounds to sample. In other words no sampling from that gear if theres no audio out.

By Boogie Man Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:36 pm
Lampdog wrote:Sounds like it's just a MIDI controller with no internal sounds to sample. In other words no sampling from that gear if theres no audio out.

It could be one of those cheap boards thought with the speakers on the sides..........but yea, it sounds like a midi controller....but heres what I think....

Yamaha RX21 drum machine- what I knew of this piece was that it was a beginner piece....bought it for a hundred and fifty bucks back in 92....a friend firmly suggested that if I wanted to "make beats" like he did, (he had an MPC60) that it would be best if I bought something low end first, just to make sure I like what I was doing and that I could understand something as simple as that drum machine............

Fostex H28 4 Track recorder-From the same friends recommendation, this was another good piece to take it the "next level" of my curiosity of beatmaking...which I bought from a guy who DIDN'T feel he was going anywhere with the gear he had...so I bought from him the 4 track, a broken Alesis SR16, which got fixed and a Gemini Dj sampler..... made some cool little beats with that combo...then took it further and bought a Yamaha QX7 sequencer and a Casio CZ3000....With that combo I made this beat called "Break em Off", which for what I had, sounded pretty fvcking dope....I sequenced the bassline and drums together and all the samples you hear are played by finger, each and every instance.....

I had that setup until 96 when I then bought an S900, which I had knowledge of from a friend who had one...made beats with this setup for about 5years....didn't get my MPC until 2000.....but trust , it was a long time , I knew it was going to be a long time, but I was dedicated to what I was doing.....and when I finally got my MPC, I was already steps ahead of someone who never touched anything...I knew the terminology...I knew what sampling was, I knew what modules were, I knew what sequencing was, I knew to separate all of my tracks, I knew what chopping was, I knew what cut and paste was....All that shcit I already knew, becuase I put in the time PRIOR to even having an MPC...I didn' just start listening to Hiphop one day and say, "I wanna make hot beats too, I'm going to go get what the pros use"....Hell nah....I had to make sure I really wanted to do it before I copped all the big name schit.....I advise any younger heads to do the same........[/b]

By AI934 Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:54 am
This thing does have a headphone jack, but thats it...and it is one of those cheap ones with the speakers...

By Boogie Man Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:09 am
AI934 wrote:This thing does have a headphone jack, but thats it...and it is one of those cheap ones with the speakers...

just go from the headphone jack into the sampler.......

By beyondhope1 Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:20 am
AI934 wrote:This thing does have a headphone jack, but thats it...and it is one of those cheap ones with the speakers...

I was about to say how could it have no audio out but midi in and out? Yeah use the headphone jack man....