New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By stoop Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 am
Hey all,

Just picked up a MPC 2500 for a decent price after a few months of researching. I am looking to try and set it up with the pieces of hardware I currently have, ideally.

Can you let me know if this setup will work for what I need? Basically I want to set up the MPC, a turntable for sampling and speakers that will play either. I have an integrated amp that I think would work but that is what I want confirmation on.

Heres what I have:

Luxman LV-113 Integrated Amp
Sanyo TP 625 Turntable

Can those two stay connected and go into the MPC out from the amp or I do need to go direct into the MPC from the turntable and this setup wouldnt work? Also, I'm assuming I'll need a mixer?

Thanks for any help, this shit is making my head spin. :smoker:
By 40Beatz Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:31 pm
A Decent Mixer. More channels in case your equipment Collection increases

+1

By Lampdog Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:29 pm
40Beatz wrote:A Decent Mixer. More channels in case your equipment Collection increases
By Lampdog Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:29 pm
Are your speakers powered, probably not if your using an integrated amp.
If they were powered the mixer can take the place of the amp. Some mixers are audio interface combos also in case you needed an interface.. Just saying.
By stoop Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:33 pm
The more Im thinking about things I might just buy a turntable with the pre amp built in. I dont want to constantly have to swap out the turntable I have for my stereo setup in another room.

If that is the case, I would still need to get the mixer anyway. Correct? Any recommendations on mixers for either of these setups?

EDIT: My speakers are not powered.
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:32 am
If the amp has a PHONO IN, you can use that Sanyo turntable. Can you tell me all the connections on the back of the amp like input and outputs, speakers, ohms and watts, etc.? Because if they amp is mightier than the speaker, you can blow them out. Also, maybe you can just connect everything with what you have now, I just need more info.
By stoop Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:27 am
All the details on the amp are here:https://stereonomono.blogspot.com/2020/02/luxman-lv-113-amplifier.html

I already had the turntable and speakers connected to this amp (along with my playstaion and tv) and it worked without issue. My main questions are around how to set it up with the MPC, Im assuming the mixer is the key piece that I need.

I'll most likely be putting my macbook air into the mix as well for potentially using a DAW.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:45 pm
stoop wrote:.... into the mix

There, you said it. :lol: :lol:

It's what you need. A mixer than can handle the amount of channels you need to run through it.
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Oh yeah you use that amp. Thats a big boy! :nod:

Just connect the MPC to the Tape In and Rec Out and you can sample off the turntable, the PS3 and TV if you want and play it back from the MPC.

So MPC Input is connected to the Lux' Rec Out and MPC Output to Lux' Tape In. And you in business.

I never used a mixer in my life, so thats why I could not recommend one, but preamps and amps are my thing.

Happy beat-trails!