New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Murda-Muzik Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:49 pm
What are some good sources for sampling? I have acid pro, and that is what i use to chop up samples, but i caught a virus and now im gonna end up losing the program. I know that alot of people sample from vinyl, but i dont have a turntable, i was wondering if there are any other good sources of sampling into the mpc besides using the computer or a table. cause i am about to lose alot of my kits that i have on my pc and i would hate for sumthin like this to happen again, i know this is a newbie question, but thats why this forum is here, for help, so holla back 1

By binger0 Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:56 pm
why dont u get a virus scanner? www.grisoft.com is good or do a search for AVG 7.0 u can burn ur shit to a cd and get a cd reader for the mpc or a zipdrive to transfer shit too. but i would just clean the virus.

By incurablebeatlust Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:10 pm
if you can use the computer at all go to www.funk45.com play any of the songs there and run your computers audio outs to the mpc ins....i haven't done this yet but if i was desperate for samples i would. there are samples everywhere thats part of it, finding your own places to get that sound..

By Lampdog Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:37 pm
CD discman headphone out -> MPC in.
MD headphone out -> MPC in.
Recvr headphones out -> MPC in.