New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By TheFunkNerd Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 am
Hi,

Total beginner to MPC, need to know if I can use REX files in my MPC Live 2. I've just got a bunch of amazing products in REX format, that's why I need to know.

Thanks in advance.
By TheFunkNerd Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:01 pm
Thanks alot. So I just load the REX/REX2 file and voilá? Or there is the need of any software/plugin?

BTW, will start devoring your MPC Bible. ;) When I work with a product I need to know it 100% or I prefer not to use.
Last edited by TheFunkNerd on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NearTao Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:06 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Not in standalone no, due to incompatibility of rex with Linux systems. They work in controller mode, so you can load and convert to patch phrase if you need to use in standalone. Unfortunately patch phrase is very choppy and glitchy these days

Not trying to dog you on that statement... but rex is a file format, and has nothing to do with Linux to be compatible or not... Akai just never added a feature for the standalone system to load or understand the rex file format.
By TheFunkNerd Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:10 pm
Not trying to dog you on that statement... but rex is a file format, and has nothing to do with Linux to be compatible or not... Akai just never added a feature for the standalone system to load or understand the rex file format.

It's a shame because you have something called Loopmasters with an absurd amount of outstanding products in REX format. And I've just found a website that just sells REX/REX2 whose products are to die for.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:56 pm
NearTao wrote:... has nothing to do with Linux to be compatible or not... Akai just never added a feature for the standalone system to load or understand the rex file format.

To read rex files Akai need to incorporate the rex API in their software. The rex API is only available for Mac and Windows

https://www.reasonstudios.com/developer ... xtechinfo2
By ace_of_dub Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:22 am
mrrafs wrote:Seeking Rex TO mpc ‘patch phrase’ conversion utility / workflow please. :?:

As explained previously, open or drag and drop the rex file in MPC Software, that's all there is to it.
By Isle of leeches Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:49 pm
I've just bought a Force and was wondering the same, I was using Acid Pro for abit and rex was not supported on there, but I actually converted quite a few of my Zero-G sample libraries like Total Rex using Reaper DAW and their .rex to .wav converter, you can batch convert to, so it doesn't take too long.