New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Waynethepain Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:40 pm
Hey I’m new to mpc, loving my new live 2 a lot! Got my head around a fair amount of it so far but I can’t work out how to loop bars within a region. Got a 16 bar drum loop going on and I want to play in a tricky fill on the last bar but I don’t wanna wait 16 bars between attempts.. did some searches but I can’t find the solution
By Lampdog Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:51 pm
Slice the loop into 16 slices.
Replace the last bar with the fill. This will equal 16 total.
15 slices + 1 fill.
By Waynethepain Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:02 pm
Thanks for your reply!

It’s not a 16 bar sample, it’s 16 bars of midi which I’ve played in via the drum pads assigned to a drum program so not sure slicing is what I’m after? I basically just want to put the last couple of bars on loop so I can experiment/practice finger drumming the fill and not have to wait for the 16 bars to keep playing through. Is there not a way to loop play a couple of bars within a sequence?

I could just input it via the grid or step sequencer but I prefer playing it in live if that makes sense
By Lampdog Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:14 pm
Make 2 copies of the OG sequence. Work with the copies and leave the original untouched in case you need to experiment/try again.

One copy will be 15 bars, cut off the last one.
***************~

Second copy be that last bar, cut off the first 15.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Go into song mode, insert the first copy, 1rep, insert the second copy x however many reps you want.
***************+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Convert to sequence.

You can do this
or
Manipulate sequences in realtime but that interferes with your drumming.
By Waynethepain Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:03 pm
Thanks for your help mate. I’ve actually just worked out how to do it, on the main page on the sequence section you can choose the start and end bars and loop them :-)
By brisket Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:44 pm
Waynethepain wrote:Thanks for your help mate. I’ve actually just worked out how to do it, on the main page on the sequence section you can choose the start and end bars and loop them :-)

Thanks, I was searching this question out too. Looking forward to trying it out when I get home from work
By chris1981 Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:22 pm
Waynethepain wrote:Thanks for your help mate. I’ve actually just worked out how to do it, on the main page on the sequence section you can choose the start and end bars and loop them :-)

Am i blind? I cannot find the looping option there.