New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:36 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
That's what it takes, 5 beats a day is minimum and that's part time work. That's what the OP should do.

5 beats a day = 1825 a year.
If you place 182 beats (10%) at $300 each (Low Ball).
That's $54,600 a year.

I think im bout Literally Make this a Personal Goal. I'll add every Beat from January 1st into the Equation and Tally Up starting Tonight!

***Question....Does it matter how complex the Beat? Or is just 5 Skeleton Compositions with 6, 7, 8 tracks enough?
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:38 am
40Beatz wrote:
I think im bout Literally Make this a Personal Goal. I'll add every Beat from January 1st into the Equation and Tally Up starting Tonight!

***Question....Does it matter how complex the Beat? Or is just 5 Skeleton Compositions with 6, 7, 8 tracks enough?

Does not matter, some will be more complex than others. Give yourself creative freedom to know when the
idea has run it coarse. The key to make something your like and put it in a song structure. When I first started, I had starting points. Such as the ones listed below.

1. Give each track that day a different tempo.
2. Give each track a different time signature.
3. If possible try different genres but not mandatory.
4. If possible try different key signatures.
5. Music must be formatted into a song structure.
6. Treat your time like you're working for a client.
7. If you feel like making more, then make more. However that does not count toward the next day.
8. Make it, Arrange it, Pre-Mix it, 2 track it, Save it, and Start Again.

Don't dwell or get caught up listening to it. Give yourself a separate day to play back all your 2 tracks and note which ones are the best, good, okay. The hardest part of this will be the first month. However, if you stick to the five a day and push through it, your muscle memory, habit and brain will adapt and it will become automatic.

At this point you're living the composers life and your mind-state is in creative mode. Just be sure to go outside, eat, and talk to people or risk becoming a hermit. :nod: If your time is limited, work smarter and focus. :lol: No excuses, hit those 5 beats.

LAST: Some compositions will have the same feel and sound similar. That's expected and it's natural, we can't and won't make something new every-time.
By NearTao Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:18 pm
Honestly... it's also natural to effectively make two or more songs from what you initially thought was a single song. You might have components that are worth moving to a new composition, but needed to be removed to simplify the creation of one track.

Also related... if you just cannot get into song mindset... start making drum kits and key groups... alternating between the two will let both feed into each other in really cool ways.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:47 pm
NearTao wrote:Honestly... it's also natural to effectively make two or more songs from what you initially thought was a single song. You might have components that are worth moving to a new composition, but needed to be removed to simplify the creation of one track.

Also related... if you just cannot get into song mindset... start making drum kits and key groups... alternating between the two will let both feed into each other in really cool ways.

Yes, do whatever is needed to get the 5 Beats out. The key is to just go and don't think. :nod: