New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Santiago Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:40 am
Hi everyone, sorry I'm new to the MPC world
Just got an MPD 226, as I was playing around with the controller I must have messed something up because every time I create a project my pads are all over the place, for example when I hit Pad 01 on my MPD226, it triggers Pad 02, when I hit Pad02 it triggers pad 06 or something random
The presets are all messed up too
Is there anyway I can completely completely reset everything as if its a new device?
I tried this from google and it didn't help

The LPD and MPD series controllers use Akai Editor software to manage MIDI settings.
Press the PRESET button.
Scroll to the first preset, LiveLite, and press Enter.
Then repeatedly press the > key until the screen reads FACTORY DEFAULTS. (this never showed I hit > a million times)
Next press Value Knob down (like a button) to confirm your preset selection.

I appreciate if anyone can help
Thanks
By Chili Palmer Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:25 pm
Hi,

I was having the same problem with my MPD226. I restored factory defaults on MPD226 and uninstalled and reinstalled MPC Beats.

In the preference section > MIDI / Sync I have track turned on for all MPD226 options visible and MASTER activated for MPD226 MIDI and MPD226 Remote.

Make sure in MIDI Learn section (shift + command + L) that you have the MPD226 enabled in the drop box at the top of the MIDI Learn section and it should show you where all the pads are assigned to as well.

After doing this, my pads are working perfectly and all assigned to the correct pad in MPC Beats.

Hope that helps.

C