New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:52 am
Be as SPECIFIC as you can.

? gear u have.
? have u tried so far.

Biggest of all I think is the subject line of your quest for help.

Don't just type "NEED HELP - come quickly!!!".
Another example "MAN, I can't STAND it when..."
Or this is a real thriller "hey how are you, Noob here.."

You will most likely get laughed at :lol: , joked on :? , and your
main mission in the first place, to get help, will go ignored and
unanswered :roll: .

Help all of us help you by providing the forum members with what
you know, or, think you know about YOUR gear, setup and
problem.

Oh and for :cry:'n out loud please attempt to help yourself to the wealth of info on the net as well. Search bars are open 24hrs like 7-11.

If you already do this and still need extra help, cool, but, you others
know who you are :x .

b e z

By Lampdog Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Since I've posted this, ALOT more subjects are easier to find
when I use the search function.

I always use the "view posts since last visit" at the bottom of the page
and I am seeing WAY more detailed subjects, posts and Newbie Questions
which make it easier for advanced members to browse and reply to any post they think they can help with in turn helping out a newbie that needs that help or advice.

I also see double posts every now and then, by using that "view posts since last visit" feature I see posts no matter what forum they are in. Fam, please don't double/triple/quadripple post :D .

Thanks.

By mpc3000 Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:10 am
--deleted by poster--

By Lampdog Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:37 pm
Bump

By Lord Toranaga Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:51 pm
word up. I am always willing to help those who try to help them selves.

1 thing I hate is when you are breaking your balls to help someone, and they don't even own the gear they are hasseling you about(da soof)

asking a ton of questions about gear you don't even own. will get you virtually smacked

By Lampdog Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:20 pm
Also, holding someones hands and spoon feeding is not on my "to do" list.

There are many who are reluctant to read a manual and I don't know why.
Some who get upset when you suggest that maybe they read a manual and help themselves out.

Everyone should be more specific when titling their topics also cause like I said, "HELP, a question on...." doesn't cut it. If someone searches they won't find what they are looking for cause OTHERS don't title their subjects correctly. Newbies are turned off by the search cause some vets and other newbs are messing up the subjects, please people, type a subject that someone else can search for and find.

By midi pimp Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:41 am
:oops:
Last edited by midi pimp on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

By grimaybeats555 Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:44 am
^^^^^^^^^^
What was the point of that?
By dax917 Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:11 am
Hey, Just to let you know.. I am guilty of double posting the MPC3000, LOGIC Pro7, ProTools MIDI help..Topic.

The reason why I am guilty of the offense is because I figured that I would get a reply from someone who's an expert MPC3000 user, and also get a reply from someone who's an expert at Environments all together, because my question can be considered both catagories. If thats NOT an OK reason then I'm sure you guys will tell me. Sorry :( In the meantime I'll get back to my MAAANY manuals now. Thanks!

By Lampdog Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:03 pm
bump

By distortedtekno Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:39 pm
Lampdog wrote:Also, holding someones hands and spoon feeding is not on my "to do" list.

There are many who are reluctant to read a manual and I don't know why.
Some who get upset when you suggest that maybe they read a manual and help themselves out.

Everyone should be more specific when titling their topics also cause like I said, "HELP, a question on...." doesn't cut it. If someone searches they won't find what they are looking for cause OTHERS don't title their subjects correctly. Newbies are turned off by the search cause some vets and other newbs are messing up the subjects, please people, type a subject that someone else can search for and find.

co-sign!

By Lampdog Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:59 pm
I haven't seen this thread in FOREVER, glad you brought it back.

By djay Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:24 am
:lol:

By abstract_enigma Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:50 pm
power hungry people , absolute power corrupts absolutely