New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By roberto jose andrade Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:22 pm
i took my mpc 2000 to electronics repair to see bout some problems. It turns out the motherboard is cracked. THe charge to fix it is $200. DOes anyone have any prior history to having motherboard repaired? if so is $200 too much money? thanks

By binger0 Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:40 pm
where u gettin it fixed?

By roberto jose andrade Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:13 pm
local repair shop that speacializes (spelling?) in audio . I called around and looked all over phone book and couldnt find anyone who even knew what an mpc 2000 was.

By DEADLY MiND Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:09 pm
If i were you, i would email akai first and ask if they heard of this happening before. The person whos repairin it for you sounds a little shady to me.

I wouldnt trust somebody with my MPC who dont even know what it is.

akaipro.com

Akai has real good customer service. They always help me out whenever i got a problem with somethin.

By DJDREW Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:04 pm
I am a audio repair technician and depending on what board was cracked it will make a difference. Your best bet would have been to request a new board be put in your unit, where they even an authorized AKAI service center? Normally when a cracked board is repaired the have a few methods one is to make extention wired to each side of the crack to a solder point. The other is not great but what they do is scrap away at the board until the cracked parts copper is exposed and over solder, like a bridge with the solder this method can easily break again and can make your audio suffer too. This all depends on how good of a job he did. Listen to your MPC and play it allot so you will know if there are any problems usually cracked board will show their ugly face again, because they can be hair line break easily missed.