New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Allin Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:41 pm
Anybody have a idea what the max temp on the inside can be after playing like 4 hours?
I can’t measure it maybe somebody has done this once.

Would it reach 200? (100 Celsius that is)
By ZoneVortex Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:59 pm
200 F seems really hot but honestly I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I know for computers the safe temperature zone is usually 120-160 F or so, and considering the MPC is basically a computer I would think 200 F might be too hot for the hardware to function properly.
By Ill-Green Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:02 am
Which MPC though?

When I had the Live, it got hot but as a fever, nothing compared to hot coffee spilled on your lap kind of hot. And a cup of coffee is 209°F.

Now the MPC500, he was cold as ice. :nod:
By Allin Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 pm
ZoneVortex wrote:200 F seems really hot but honestly I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I know for computers the safe temperature zone is usually 120-160 F or so, and considering the MPC is basically a computer I would think 200 F might be too hot for the hardware to function properly.

A computer can function at 200F , many latest Intel CPU’s reach that temp when they don’t have a good coolingsystem.
The only thing it does is that the lifetime gets a lot shorter. The cpu isn’t as fast anymore also with these temps.

Difference with these MPCs and actual computers is that computers have a (atleast 1) fan.
These Akai devices don’t have a fan that’s what makes me wonder how hottie inside is.