New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By ZoneVortex Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:23 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the world of digital audio recording and music production and I've got a question for all you more knowledgeable folks out there. I recently received an Akai MPK mini 3, which plugs into your computer via USB-A. I'm using a new, high spec'd laptop running windows 10, but of course my audio card isn't so great and I'd like to purchase an external audio interface so I can get better latency etc. I've already tried asio4all and am having problems with it, which is why I'd like to just purchase an interface. I've looked at dozens of different ones online however, and I can not find a single one that has USB-in such that I'd be able to plug my MPK mini 3 into it. Does anyone know of an audio interface that has USB-in that I could plug the mpk mini 3 into? Or can I just get one of the many interfaces that has MIDI-in and use a USB to MIDI adapter to plug my mpk mini into the interface?

Thanks in advance!