New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By TheFunkNerd Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:13 pm
Hi,

I have installed an 1TB SSD on the MPC Live II, but I can't see it on Windows 10. Need to copy 700GB or so from the PC into this drive...

Another issue is that MPC says it needs a firmware update, to go to standalone mode (did it) and look for preferences (info) tab and then press SHIFT + Update. Can't find this anywhere :(

Feeling depressed...
By Lampdog Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:44 pm
To format a storage device to use an exFAT file system, select it in the Browser, press and hold Shift and then tap Format Drive at the bottom of the screen. In the window that appears, tap OK and then Format in the next window to format the device, or tap Cancel to return to the previous screen without formatting. This formatting process will set the device to use the exFAT file system, remove any partitions from the drive, and erase all of its content. (Devices that are uninitialized or do not have a file system will not be recognized by the MPC hardware and consequently cannot be formatted.)

Plug the drive into a computer and initialize it first. Since forever and 5 days ago, I've used Icy Dock to help with these situations.

https://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=156

By Lampdog Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:59 pm
"Got it working" or "Got it" like you understand now?
This has been my cheap easy solution for ALOT of things. 8)