New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By John Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:48 pm
Ok so I bought my first MPC and that’s the live 2. I’ve watched videos but none has the answer. I understand you can sample straight from your phone and vinyl but I have a collection on mp3 files of cds I’ve burnt throw out the years. How do I put a song on the sd card?
Because anytime plug the usb onto my laptop. Hit sample. Drag the file there and save it into the mpc. Everytime it doesn’t load the audition I press play but there’s no Audio. It only works for a xpj file not a wav.

I saved a beat I made. And I want to put the sample with in that saved file the beat is on but whenever I load it. It says loading a project will replace everything in memory. And when I press ok. It just opens the file but without the other load project. Wtf
By Lampdog Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:49 pm
You really need to read the manual. You can easily load a single sample, it’s in there.

Also, don’t use the default internal drive, use an sd or install an extra hard drive inside.