New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Aethervagrant Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:06 pm
New to the MPC, and I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to record a performance to stereo audio track. I can see how to sample an individual tracks instrument performance into the sampler, but i want to set up my tracks and clips, mute and unmute and and wobble filters and such and have record that to a song length audio track.

Am I missing the obvious here, or do I need to physically plug cables from the outputs to the inputs and "sample" that?

I love playing on it, but I want to record standalone, ideally in multiple passes without needing to do it into an interface and daw.

thanks in advance, and ill keep reading and see if I missed it.
By selecta jo Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:21 pm
welcome to the forums!

to get anyone to help you it is essential to at least tell us what model mpc you are using!

not any mpc is equal - some could do things others cant do.

peace, jo
By Ill-Green Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:44 pm
I think you mean an MPC Live or One.

But sure you can do that. Just hit play on the sequencer and sample it. Simple as that; go into your sampling settings and it should indicate the source you want to sample whether be from your inputs or (what you want) sampling the main out. Should in that pencil icon during sampling.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:53 pm
MPC X, Live, One, MPC-2.9.0-User-Guide.pdf

RESAMPLE (internal, no cables).
pg 249
pg 255

Song Mode, and the rest is in the manual also.
By DokBrown Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:58 pm
See other posts on this, “advanced search” is your friend
By Aethervagrant Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:55 pm
Thanks for the responses. It is an MPC One, and Id forgotten to set up response notifications here.
I had read the manual, and the Bible, but in audio track input setup the "master out" option would be greyed out or not show at all.

The other similar problem i would have is that navigating away to record parameter changes would stop the audio from recording.

Im often finding that every time I fire it up something that worked before now doesnt or vice verce, the jog wheel and qlinks frequently freeze up and require power cycling to get working again (happens whether plugged into its own outlet or shared)

Midi programs, at least on my Microfreak cause a program change every time the sequence restarts despite being disabled in midi preferences.

The power and versatility on tap is really nice, but dealing with glitches and things working inconsistently is driving me nuts.

I'll look into some more things, possibly just factory reset it and re update the firmware.
By IWeeWee Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:27 pm
Hi there. Did you manage to figure out a way to change parameters without the sampler stopping? I got the same issue using the new MPC Key 61.
Thanks