New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Gino Cortesi Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:34 pm
Hi Everyone,

Just got my MPC Live 2 last night, and having a lot of fun with it so far. Very cool machine!

I'm looking for advice on the best way to copy content to my MPC. I came from using an Octatrack, and really liked the ability to connect it as a drive. This made adding 100's of samples very easy.

For now with the MPC, I've been using a USB drive, and the browser to load samples / stem tracks, and then saving them. it works, but it's going to be pretty tedious to do that for all my samples.

Is there a better way?

Best regards,

Gino
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:21 pm
The content is already on your MPC, via the USB drive you attached. You can store content on any attached drive, be it USB drive, SD card or internal SATA drive (if you have installed one). With any drive attached you can connect your MPC to your computer via USB and that drive will appear as a removable drive on your computer - simply drag and drop content over to it. You cannot externally access the internal factory drive, so just use it as a 'read only' drive for the supplied library content.
By Gino Cortesi Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:43 pm
Thanks! That makes sense. I ordered an SSD, which should be here tomorrow.

At first I was thinking the 16GB would be enough to get started, however I much prefer the idea of having my projects and custom stuff stored separately, and as you are advising just leave the internal drive as a read-only resource.

Best regards,

Gino