New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:43 pm
Hi, yes those vinyl crackle samples are supposed to be at that level, they are just there for subtle background grit. You'll only really hear them if you are listening out for them with headphones. I'm actually in the middle of updating that chapter for the 2.10 update, I'll process them to have a bit more volume and instead get you to reduce the overall pad volume using the dial in the master screen.
By Laserbeak43 Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:58 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hi, yes those vinyl crackle samples are supposed to be at that level, they are just there for subtle background grit. You'll only really hear them if you are listening out for them with headphones. I'm actually in the middle of updating that chapter for the 2.10 update, I'll process them to have a bit more volume and instead get you to reduce the overall pad volume using the dial in the master screen.

Yeah, I was wondering if I wasn't doing myself any favors by using my LIVE II integrated monitors.
I wasn't hearing the sub in the previous part of the lesson, layering the kick. So there's that factor too.
Anyway, thanks for the quick reply and the update!