New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:34 am
The grid view is essential for editing MIDI, but I find it painful to use. The first thing I almost always have to do is, find where the notes are, because they're not in view, or are only partly in view. This means, change to the "navigation mode" and do several touch screen pinch-swipes to zoom out enough to see the notes. Then I often (change to another tool mode) select everything and do something to the notes, for example transpose, move, shorten the notes or something.

The horizontal and vertical zoom are practically never right for doing what I need to do, because each recording is in a different vertical note range and different level of timing detail, and the tracks are of different length anyway. Using the Q-link knobs is quite nice for zooming and scrolling, but how to do that vertically? I tried holding down Shift, but it doesn't change anything. It's annoying to have to switch between the different editing/viewing "modes" and perform touch-screen choreography for trivial things all the time.

I'm thinking, this can't be how everyone is using it. Either people do a different type of music, or there are some shortcuts or preferences I haven't found.
By 1984 Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:20 pm
at the top of the grid - with the pencil erase and loop tools theres a magnifying glass with an arrow in it - select that tool then you can scroll up and down and pincg in and out to show the notes