New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Big-Buddha Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:10 am
hello people. I have just bought a new MPC-X and I am just getting my head around it.

I have taken some sounds from my existing sample library, and loaded the samples into the MPC-X , saved these as programs, and then exported these programs as a personal expansion.

I have done this to organise my existing sample library, and more importantly to make the files available, as a simple load and play, when working on the MPC-X. it all works well without issues.

my question is, are we allowed to make these personal expansions available to others?

can I give them away to my friends?

do people swap and share Expansions, or is that not allowed.

Some clarification of this would help.

thanks for the assistance.

Buddha
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:46 am
Are you talking about copyrighted samples/kits or sounds you've created yourself? If they are your own creation you can do whatever you want with them. If they are made with third party sounds then you should abide by the licensing terms of the libraries you've used. Obviously if you are just sharing with friends, no one would be any the wiser even if they were copyrighted. If you intend to share them online, then only share your own legit creations.