New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By atetees Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:59 pm
MPC LIVE 2 2.7
Standalone mode
Hi, I have (5) separate audio tracks (.wav) I want to use, loaded on a USB drive. 1. kick drum one shot 2. snare drum one shot 3. hi-hat drum one shot, 4. bass note one shot, 5. clap one shot

A. Can I load all (5) of these audio tracks onto the same pads next to each other so I can easily play them together for finger drumming? For example, kick on pad1, snare on pad2, etc...

B. I understand I get (8) audio tracks, does this mean I just used up (5) of the (8) available to me based on my example above?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:15 pm
What you describe are not audio tracks. Audio tracks refer to complete tracks of audio data recorded to your sequences (e.g. 3 minute vocal etc). You can have 8 separate audio tracks, accessed in MAIN by selecting the AUDIO tab.

You are talking about audio 'samples - individual one shots and loops. Load up thousands if you want. Then assign them to pads as you describe and finger drum away.

BTW, we are now on firmware 2.10 (two point ten), so you definitely need to update from 2.7 to get all the latest features.
By atetees Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:27 pm
Gotcha - thank you for clarifying that. And yes, I'll proceed with the 2.10 update.