New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By enzyme Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:04 pm
Noob question alert! Using MPC One on 2.10.1

I've recorded a 32 bar sample in an effort to reduce cpu on a specific track. It was a little longer than 32 bars but I set the end point correctly and trimmed it. Then loaded it on a pad in a clean drum program and set a note on the 1st step. For some reason when playing it back, it stops after precisely 16 bars. The full sample can be viewed in the editor, and the playback cursor can be seen to just stop in the middle of the sample. I haven't recorded any mutes in, and just spent an hour scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Any thoughts? I've consulted the dreaded manual, and done a search here, with no luck. There was a similar issue but it relates to audio tracks which I'm not using. I'm embarrassed to be stuck on such a trivial thing :oops:
By enzyme Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:15 pm
And then again it might not be. Same thing is happening again in the same project. I was messing with the auto record settings in the locate menu, then deleted what I was doing but it seems like the project Is following the deleted settings. Not sure if this is a bug?
By enzyme Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:36 am
NearTao wrote:Any reason you're using a 32 bar sample which has an ADSR and other stuff... instead of using an audio track?

I haven't even used an audio track yet so far. I did think it might be an envelope or something but no dice. It only seems to have affected one track. Thanks for the input though!