New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By hwj Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:56 pm
Hello there,

after update my new Live 2 to Firmware 2.10.1 online, it reminds me to update the synth content as well. So, after registration I downloaded this install with synth directory inside, copied it onto a SD-card (card was ok) and after plug it in into the MPC and restart, nothing happend. :(

The Synth content doesn't install! The reminder for that comes often too. After several attempts with new downloads, other SD's, install a SSD and try it from there, used other USB and from Controler Mode, nothing helps. I have not turned off the device during the update. Now, 3 days later after informing me how other people do that, normaly it should be a simple matter, nothing helps.

I conclude that the file system or the update process must be damaged or something happens faulty. On the other hand the MPC itself seems to works well.

And now? What can i do? Is there something I missed?

However, the new AIR drum plugins from V 2.9 I have also not seen till now, but may also can be on me, it's an other problem.

Thanks from germany
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:28 pm
'Nothing Happened' - can you elaborate on what that means? Nothing will happen when you restart, not unless you create a plugin track and try assigning one of the new synths to that track. Have you done this? You don't mention this in your post. Sorry if it seems obvious.

As for that message about having to install the synth content, this does seem to 'stick' even after installing the synth folder. Just select 'don't remind me'.