New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By 750kb Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:02 am
Hi. I use to use an MPC60 when I was young and loved the work flow. very few features. No looping but you would open up the envelopes and sequence to loop. pretty much a button per feature with no deep confusing menu. I sold it 15 years ago and moved to Logic (hated the floppy discs on the mic)

Now as I begin to work on music again I would love to have another MPC. Is there a newer model MPC that would be suited ,to a person of little patience ,that is similar in functionality to the 60? would the Renaissance be a good starting point? Obviously I dont have to use all features but am hoping for an intuitive Mpc60 like experience.
By NearTao Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:38 pm
The problem with the Renaissance is that it requires a computer, and I'm not sure if it is even supported any more.

If you don't mind using an older/supported computer you can probably get a Ren to work... but my concern is that due to the computer/drivers/software, it's going to be more hassle than it is worth.