New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By lisaholic Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:47 pm
Hey people,

I and have a question regarding the clip section in track mute mode of my MPC Live. When I mute my tracks on the MPC Live and unmute them again, all of the tracks unmute perfectly apart from the clips. The clips simply stopped playing so that I have to trigger them again. It doesnt always happen but most of the time.
Ive been thinking about adding an external controller to "sidechain" the problem and be able to unmute the tracks and retrigger the clips at the same time. Does anyone have another solution?

Thanks for your help

Lisa
By Mo.huv Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 am
lisaholic wrote:Hey people,

I and have a question regarding the clip section in track mute mode of my MPC Live. When I mute my tracks on the MPC Live and unmute them again, all of the tracks unmute perfectly apart from the clips. The clips simply stopped playing so that I have to trigger them again. It doesnt always happen but most of the time.
Ive been thinking about adding an external controller to "sidechain" the problem and be able to unmute the tracks and retrigger the clips at the same time. Does anyone have another solution?

Thanks for your help

Lisa

Hey Lisa!

I've found a solution that might be helpful to you.
Before you launch a clip, press the "Over Dub" button. the clips are now being recorded to the MIDI GRID.
Now when you use TRACK MUTE and the "clip channel" it won't stop, and you won't need to launch it again.
Hope this is helpful