New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By MurkyFreddery Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:48 am
I'm using an MPC One standalone, and have a few synths connected through a USB hub (Minilogue, Elektron Model:Cycles, Roland TR-6S) and a couple of controllers too (MPK Mini & Midi Mix).

Is there any way to set it up, so that for each track the MPC will record midi data from the controllers and the specific synth assigned to that track only.

At the minute, all midi data goes everywhere - the drum machine is also playing the Minilogue for example. Or I can assign a single controller only to the track, but then I'd miss knob tweaks on the synth.
By misterflibble Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:02 am
If you have DIN-based MIDI synths you can use a Retrokits RK-006 as a way to give each synth its own port, and thus its own 16 tracks, which is a game changer for multi-timbral synths and sound modules. I use one of these guys with my MPC or Force as the centerpiece. When the MPC or Force is not connected, you can just apply regular 5V USB power to the RK-006 and it'll act as a Thru box, too.

https://imgur.com/a/cQPkuXO