New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By loreto.z Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:06 pm
Hi people, I haven´t had mpc beats for long but enough to finally do a beat and render it out correctly, but my surprise was the next day when I wanted to load up my previously saved user setting and had to scroll down this huge list, over 5000 mpc (copy) settings. I definitaly have not put them there , and to no avail, as I could not find my settings there. I had to click on new midi mappind,redo all the mapping and sav it again.
Anyone have any clue as to why there are over 5000 user settings there? Is it a bug or something? can I erase them somehow?
Thanks before hand. :?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:25 pm
Lol, yes I have this as well, in the MPC Software. I'm not sure what causes it, I've seen it before and thought it might just be a random anomaly, but maybe not. Just noticed mine has over 14,700 of the buggers in it, all of them created on the same day 3 months ago, in two batches 20 minutes apart. 350MB! I'll see if I can recreate this and will report this to Akai on the beta forum.

You can delete these (on a Mac) by going to 'User > Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC Beats (or just 'MPC' for the MPC Software) > Midi Learn' and literally deleting all the unwanted 'xmm' files.

PC location most likely: C:\ProgramData\Akai\MPC Beats\Midi Settings
By indirect Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:45 pm
Telefunky wrote:you might look just 2 posts above... :Sigh: :mrgreen:

There are 68 files inside, most are factory default. But there are still 1500 xmm files in my case. I've searched through my computer and never found so many xmm files. Where are they?
By Telefunky Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:03 pm
You asked for the directory location and that was 2 posts above
MPC-Tutor wrote: ... You can delete these (on a Mac) by going to 'User > Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC Beats (or just 'MPC' for the MPC Software) > Midi Learn' and literally deleting all the unwanted 'xmm' files. ...

If you have additional files or suspect a different location, a different question would have been helpful ;)
Some files may be hidden due to user permissions. It‘s a Unix system.
(I‘m not an expert in that domain)