New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By gumbo23 Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:07 am
Can anyone point me to some good sources on sequencing breakbeats on MPC? It is not something I have programmed before. Thanks
By Ill-Green Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:06 am
I think you mean how to sequence sampled drum loops?

Well, I set my drum loops to oneshot, then set up mute groups and record. Its always good to know the BPM of the drums you are using in order to keep up with the metronome so the sequence can loop perfectly. To do that, I play the metronome until it syncs in with the drums. So if your breakbeat is cutting off before its time, then the BPM for the sequence is too fast. Slow it down until it fits.
By misterflibble Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:56 am
gumbo23 wrote:Can anyone point me to some good sources on sequencing breakbeats on MPC? It is not something I have programmed before. Thanks

TubeDigga on YouTube has some really great tutorials on time-aligning and slicing up recorded drum loops and breaks, and then mixing and matching them into variations. I don't think this is exactly what you were asking, but you may find it to be a fun way to work (I know I do).

This video on the amen break is a good example, and applies to non-jungle loops too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWc_EQFOLBQ