New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Tim.Davies Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 am
Hi, Im relatively new to MPC Studio.

Im running a Mac Book Pro 2021 M1 Pro chip (MAC OS Monteray 12.0.1), Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface, MPC Studio 2.10.1).

MPC Studio 2 runs ok when I don't us the USB audio (instead the mac internal audio interface) but it distorts BADLY when I connect it up with my interface, Mic Monitors etc.

I'm new to the software so what sample rates and latencies should I be using or is something related to the new apple architecture - is its something silly I can quickly fix?
By dabmeister Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:29 pm
If you're familiar with audio line levels then you may want to check what's set on your gear. "The line level standard for professional audio is +4 dBu, which is about 12 dB greater than the consumer line level standard of -10 dBV."

Which means you may want to first see what your audio is set to (MIc or Line Level). So take a look at what your audio output is set at on your mac.
By ace_of_dub Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:53 am
Tim.Davies wrote:Hi, Im relatively new to MPC Studio.

Im running a Mac Book Pro 2021 M1 Pro chip (MAC OS Monteray 12.0.1), Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface, MPC Studio 2.10.1).

MPC Studio 2 runs ok when I don't us the USB audio (instead the mac internal audio interface) but it distorts BADLY when I connect it up with my interface, Mic Monitors etc.

I'm new to the software so what sample rates and latencies should I be using or is something related to the new apple architecture - is its something silly I can quickly fix?

Your problem has nothing to do with MPC Studio or MPC Software, go check your USB Audio interface settings where you can change the sample rate, bit depth and latency.
By Tim.Davies Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am
dabmeister wrote:If you're familiar with audio line levels then you may want to check what's set on your gear. "The line level standard for professional audio is +4 dBu, which is about 12 dB greater than the consumer line level standard of -10 dBV."

Which means you may want to first see what your audio is set to (MIc or Line Level). So take a look at what your audio output is set at on your mac.

Thanks for the reply, my question wasn't clear in saying its audio playback that is the issue. So if I play a sequence it gets more distorted the more complex and bass laden the sound gets. I haven't tried using MPC to record direct input yet. I usually use Audacity and in ok with the levels etc so far.
By Tim.Davies Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:20 am
ace_of_dub wrote:
Tim.Davies wrote:Hi, Im relatively new to MPC Studio.

Your problem has nothing to do with MPC Studio or MPC Software, go check your USB Audio interface settings where you can change the sample rate, bit depth and latency.

Thanks for the reply. Im sure i must sound pretty dumb but i am learning as I go. In my simplistic world everything else works fine so why am i struggling with MPC to get clean playback. So - is there an idiots guide to getting the settings right with an audio interface or can you suggest the sample rate, bit rate and latency settings I should start with? Where do I start? Thanks again...