New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
Byanon_dkoi94jddj Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:49 am
Does anyone know if AKAI plans to turn the MPC software into a full DAW whereby vocal production (recording & editing), full song mixing and mastering would be much easier to do? Any beta testers who can give small hints?

Currently I know it is possible, even in standalone but it's a bit tedious. Seeing the addition of vocal production plugins, that I think are on per with third party stuff, gives me faith and I'm hoping that is the direction AKAI is going. I know MPCs have always been beats first, but right now following these recent updates the platform has become a serious powerhouse well beyond just midi production.

Maybe the arranger would make this easier, I don't know, but it would be great to be able to stick to the platform and do all musical work there without going out to Ableton, PT or others.
By NearTao Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:26 pm
Beta testers are under NDA, and by breaking it would be removed from the program. I doubt anybody is allowed to comment on this, but it does seem like a direction that Akai is slowly moving towards based on the latest firmware on both the MPC and Force.
By Ill-Green Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:45 am
No tester, just speculating. All Akai needs to do is to program Song mode as a multitracker. One or two tracks could be dedicated to sequences, 8 audio tracks and xxx MIDI tracks and 1,000 hours recording time.
By misterflibble Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:52 am
Ill-Green wrote:No tester, just speculating. All Akai needs to do is to program Song mode as a multitracker. One or two tracks could be dedicated to sequences, 8 audio tracks and xxx MIDI tracks and 1,000 hours recording time.

AKA the Arranger in Force. Can't come to MPC soon enough IMO.