New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Swano Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:11 pm
Hello everyone,
I received my Akai MPK Mini III yesterday.
Unfortunately, I am a little confused and I don't really understand how everything works.

First, I don't understand where I can find the "Sounds Packs" and "Instruments" that I downloaded (hybrid 3, mini grand, velvet, F9 beats instruments collection, producer kits, soulful drums, lofi producer collection, trap soul & lofi beats). I can't find them in the MPC app.

Then when I run "Empty", I don't know how to add sounds.

Finally, yesterday, my button on the "note repeat" pad and the "on / off" and "tap tempo" buttons were working in order to repeat the pads or do keyboard arps.
Today, the buttons don't seem to work anymore. They light up but don't change anything on the app. I can still type "note repeat" on the app but I cannot change the measure by long pressing "onoff" then the appropriate keyboard key.

There you have several questions.
Sorry to bother you and thank you to those who will take the time to answer me !
By misterflibble Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:51 am
You need a DAW or VST host application to run those instruments, if I recall correctly. The MPC app should do this for you, but you need to load the VSTs into it. YouTube will be your friend for this one - look for some MPK getting started videos. I would try to give you more info but I work with my MPK as a controller for my MPC/Force in standalone so don't have much experience using the MPK and the software VSTs on my Mac, but I did play with them when I first bought my MPK and was able to host the VSTs in the MPC software as I recall.