New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Mpcroookie Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:48 pm
Hi, everyone,

I would like to get the MPC X. At the moment it all seems too good to be true and nothing stands in the way of a purchase except for 2 unanswered questions.

1. I had read somewhere that the audio track length would be limited to 5 minutes. But don't find the entry. It would be important to me to be able to record songs with 10 to 15 minutes. E.g. a guitar.

2. Is it possible, for example, to record a piano sequence via MIDI data and then to straighten incorrectly recorded notes like in a DAW

I have been looking for a way to work without a PC for a long time.
Sorry about my bad english
Thank you and best regards

Bernd
By misterflibble Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:48 am
Mpcroookie wrote:Hi, everyone,

I would like to get the MPC X. At the moment it all seems too good to be true and nothing stands in the way of a purchase except for 2 unanswered questions.

1. I had read somewhere that the audio track length would be limited to 5 minutes. But don't find the entry. It would be important to me to be able to record songs with 10 to 15 minutes. E.g. a guitar.

2. Is it possible, for example, to record a piano sequence via MIDI data and then to straighten incorrectly recorded notes like in a DAW

I have been looking for a way to work without a PC for a long time.
Sorry about my bad english
Thank you and best regards

Bernd

Last time I checked, recording length on my MPC for samples maxed out at 19 minutes and some number of seconds. That may have increased in recent firmware.

On the Akai Force you can go up to 60 minutes for a sample. If you are considering the X I would give the Force a serious look as well.