New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By HOTWAX Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:03 pm
Hallo,
"Purge unused samples" does not work. When i hit the button nothing happens. Purge all samples works fine.
I also downgraded to 2.9, but this did not help either.
Please help me i am new with the mpc..
thanx
By Lampdog Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:51 pm
Unused means samples in memory but not associated with any program.
Those are the ones that will be deleted/purged.

If you have sounds on pads they are “in” a program and will not be purged.
By HOTWAX Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:55 pm
Thanks alot my friend, i will try out what u said..
When i use just one sound of a program its not possible to get rid of the rest with "purge unused samples"??.
(I know there is another possibility of deleting samples with "edit samples" funktion in the main view.)
Shoutz from beautiful Vienna..
By NearTao Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 pm
If you're in a drum kit, from MAIN you can go to the ASSIGN SAMPLES page (bottom right section of the display) and then clear or over right unused samples... it's one way to do it.

Though honestly, storage is pretty cheap. You're probably making more of a headache for yourself cleaning up kits/programs unless you have very specific memory or storage constraints.
By misterflibble Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:47 am
NearTao wrote:If you're in a drum kit, from MAIN you can go to the ASSIGN SAMPLES page (bottom right section of the display) and then clear or over right unused samples... it's one way to do it.

Though honestly, storage is pretty cheap. You're probably making more of a headache for yourself cleaning up kits/programs unless you have very specific memory or storage constraints.

Storage doesn't help on MPC until we get disk streaming like we have on Force. So you do need to clean up kits/programs to keep RAM capacity freed up.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:13 pm
If you load a sample into a pad/program it is "used".

It's also possible to load into ram without the sample being used/assigned to pad/program.
This sample will be purged when you choose the "purge unused samples" function.