New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By kaleidoplasm Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:22 am
Ok, say that I have a sample loaded as a clip, or drum pattern, or whatever, and this is on an mpc live II, and then I put an effect on the mixer, say distortion- when I go in to move the knobs on the effect, for instance when recording automation, the qlink jumps and then effects the tuning etc, messes up my sample, and requires fixing. Sucks!

I have reset all my q-link assignments and am still getting this problem. It has really been a problem for me, does anyone know what I am missing here?
By BostonGreen Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 am
My q-links were jumpy on my One. I turned off the show q-links status when touched in preferences on the hardware in general, and it seems to have fixed it.
By BostonGreen Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:09 am
kaleidoplasm wrote:should I reset this to factory condition or contact akai?

Did you try what I mentioned above, see if it improves?
By Lampdog Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:09 pm
kaleidoplasm wrote:should I reset this to factory condition or contact akai?

This shouldn’t be the “first” of options. Try what BostonGreen suggested.
By Ultros Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:01 am
As far as i know that is indeed a bug in 2.10 I as well have this issue quite often. disabling the qlink status does indeed work (for me on mpc one) also its generally the top knob that does it most.

however on other firmwares i did encounter this from time to time and it was cleaned up by pulling gently on the knobs until it slides off and then reseating it. i debated using dielectric grease to insure continuity but havent found the tube i misplaced.
By kaleidoplasm Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:33 pm
where can i turn off the q-links status display? [EDIT] ahhh, you have to scroll down to get the general settings. Woops! Thanks guys, hope this will work. Thanks again for being such a completely awesome group of people!
By BostonGreen Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:14 am
kaleidoplasm wrote:where can i turn off the q-links status display? [EDIT] ahhh, you have to scroll down to get the general settings. Woops! Thanks guys, hope this will work. Thanks again for being such a completely awesome group of people!

Be sure to report back on whether is worked.
By HBIII Sun May 29, 2022 11:13 pm
I'm having this same problem. Is it a bug with everyones' mpc's or does it just effect some units? I just got my live II a few days ago and I could send it back for a replacement if something is actually wrong with my knobs.
By HBIII Sun May 29, 2022 11:18 pm
OK so it looks like it is actually a bug. It only happens when I go into the section of the sample edit page that has the key sig detection and then leave the sample edit page while it is still in that section. Then the q-links get all mixed up for some reason when adjust fx parameters.