New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Delacosta Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:18 am
Hey all, I'm new here, I'm new to MPC by the way.

I worked with Maschine for a long time, my question is :

When I enter CHOP window of my MPC I wanna create slices manually, no matter if 0SNAP is activated or not, slices looks like out of sync with what I sliced myself (whatever I use PAD or SLICE+ button)

E.G. on Maschine the software will correct my slices and will stick to the nearest highest peak
on MPC I can't go with a manual chopped sample without correcting every single slice

I watched a lotta of guys chopping samples on the tube, and it looks pretty smooth to me, like they don't need a lotta correction

I found nothing about it in the manual.
Is there a magical option out there or something wrong about the way I do it? :hmmm:
By BostonGreen Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:55 am
Delacosta wrote:Hey all, I'm new here, I'm new to MPC by the way.

I worked with Maschine for a long time, my question is :

When I enter CHOP window of my MPC I wanna create slices manually, no matter if 0SNAP is activated or not, slices looks like out of sync with what I sliced myself (whatever I use PAD or SLICE+ button)

E.G. on Maschine the software will correct my slices and will stick to the nearest highest peak
on MPC I can't go with a manual chopped sample without correcting every single slice

I watched a lotta of guys chopping samples on the tube, and it looks pretty smooth to me, like they don't need a lotta correction

I found nothing about it in the manual.
Is there a magical option out there or something wrong about the way I do it? :hmmm:

Chopping on the highest peaks will lose a lot of the sounds intro/build, better to chop on the zero point at the start of the sound
By Lampdog Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:51 pm
Yep, chop @zero.

Snap to zero is in the…….

So I’m sure it’s in other ones too.