New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By JeremyBenson11 Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:57 am
I just got a One in the mail. It's pretty good, but lack of VSTs kinda sucks. I'm battling with some layout issues. If I want to EQ a kick I'd have to make a kick layer, snare layer, hat layer, ect. And bounce each stem out? It would be better if I could make a drum track in a sequence and separate each layer into wavs. Is that possible?

I struggle a but with swing/humanization. Does this work the same if I do put each drum sound on it's own track, or does it work better when all the drums are in one track?

Thanks, Jb.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:06 am
Play all the drums on one track and get that going.
EXPLODE into separate tracks later.

No need to bounce stems if you don't want to.

Lack of VST's, it's not a computer, it's a sampler. Sample something into it. It DOES come with some very usable sounds and synths, did you install os2.10.1 and it's synth content? Do that!

4slots for effects on a pad. 4 more for program. etc. etc. etc. It's all in the manual. You just gotta get into the mpc way of thinking, toss out your own thinking while reading the manual. After you understand more THEN add in your own methods and your off and rolling./