New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By IWFizz Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:46 pm
Is it possible to add effects such as reverb and delay etc to midi tracks? The option always seems to be greyed out.
By IWFizz Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:26 am
Having now read the manual, I’m assuming it’s not possible to add effects to a midi track?
I’m referring to a MIDI track with an external synth connected to it (eg; Prophet 6). I know I can route the audio and get effects that way. I was just hoping I’d be able to achieve the same on the MIDI track.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:00 pm
A MIDI track contains nothing but MIDI information, there's nothing to add reverb to. The audio emanates from your Prophet 6, so any FX have to be applied to that audio signal. To do that in the MPC you could connect the audio output of your Prophet into an audio input of your MPC and then route this to an MPC audio track. You can then apply FX to the audio track.
By IWFizz Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:37 pm
Thanks for the reply. You can add effects in that manner to MIDI external synth tracks in Logic etc. Oh well.
By ace_of_dub Wed May 04, 2022 9:42 pm
Adding audio effects to MIDI tracks makes no sense from a technical perspective, so either Logic has "MIDI effects" that affect the sequence itself and not the audio, or you're talking about something you obviously completely misunderstand in Logic, thus your question sounds preposterous.
By Schnooker Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:47 pm
Hi Ace Of Dub!

Cubase allows various midi effects be applied to midi information (including tracks), so I presume the original poster was relating to that feature in Logic.
I’ve also been wondering the same thing in standalone MPC land, but boy, are you a horses ass or what!!

Lighten up!