New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By BobTape Wed May 25, 2022 10:59 pm
Hello akai developers,
I recently purchased an akai fire midi console. I misunderstood from the description that it is a classic midi console. But a normal midi console is only in the direction of commands from console to computer :( :Sigh: . In the direction from computer to console, the console uses special SysEx commands that are only set for FL studio (this can send them natively). I'd quite like it if you made some simplified standard command mode for the LEDs on the controller that could be mapped in other DAWs, similar to what is done in akai apc mini with a reduced subset of colors (a few basic colors are enough (up to 32-64 colors should be enough for everyone, I understand that it is not possible to send the full RGB information on one byte)), and I would also like if the display could be used to indicate back the position of the virtual knobs on the OLED display. That's it, thanks for the info if you can prepare something like that for us. (The mode could be switched by some combination of buttons). Thank you very much. Your AKAI fan Bob. :worthy: :worthy:
By Lampdog Thu May 26, 2022 12:21 am
Welcome to the boards.

This site isn't affiliated with Akai or inMusic at all, your detailed request should be submitted on the official websites.
By mpc_fan_2022 Fri May 27, 2022 3:37 am
BobTape wrote:Hello akai developers,
I recently purchased an akai fire midi console. I misunderstood from the description that it is a classic midi console. But a normal midi console is only in the direction of commands from console to computer :( :Sigh: . In the direction from computer to console, the console uses special SysEx commands that are only set for FL studio (this can send them natively). I'd quite like it if you made some simplified standard command mode for the LEDs on the controller that could be mapped in other DAWs, similar to what is done in akai apc mini with a reduced subset of colors (a few basic colors are enough (up to 32-64 colors should be enough for everyone, I understand that it is not possible to send the full RGB information on one byte)), and I would also like if the display could be used to indicate back the position of the virtual knobs on the OLED display. That's it, thanks for the info if you can prepare something like that for us. (The mode could be switched by some combination of buttons). Thank you very much. Your AKAI fan Bob. :worthy: :worthy:

You just wasted a bunch of money. I suggest you get rid of your AKAI FIRE ASAP because AKAI will never do any of these things. Next time, do not buy a device without knowing what it does or does not do at first place before hand.
By DokBrown Fri May 27, 2022 11:01 pm
RTFM strikes again