New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Dazarco Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:27 pm
Akai has version numbering wrong. 2.1 and 2.11 are less than 2.7, 2.8, 2.9. Higher than 2.9 is 2.91 through 2.999 then 3.0
By Dazarco Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:51 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:2.1 = two point one
2.11 = two point eleven

two point nine , two point ten, two point eleven.

I know that's what they meant. That's not how decimal numbers work. When software checks for upgrades, 2.10 and 2.11 are less than 2.8.
By Bradley Smith Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:43 am
It's not decimals in software versioning. We have version 2.11.2 right now. Two decimal points in that!

Akai are tech savvy. I just suspect that the people ordering the work packages (this will not be engineers, not even their head of engineering, and certainly not testers - not even their head of QA) have focused on new features over and above bug fixing and testing and thus we're where we are now. You just know that Akai will get more money out of the introduction of the Key61 and the new paid modules and the graphical enhancements we got for browsing instruments was only there to show off the new plugins. It's all surface level enhancements; under the hood it's a trainwreck, but it's not the devs to blame (probably) <-- All speculation on my part, take with a pinch of sale.
By NearTao Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:40 pm
As somebody who spent half their life as a release engineer this is simple.

Version numbers are typically not decimal numbers. Just because two things look similar does not mean that they are the same.