New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By SlopeSoarer Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:58 pm
... at the first hurdle.

I'm using a MPK Mini Mk3

This is the video starting at my first problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BArLY_z9Bv8?t=80

I've installed all the software including 'LoFi Producer Collection'.

I'm opening an 'empty' project template, when I go to the drop down menu for the Drums I don't see LoFi Kit as in the video, just Program 1 which is an empty statement. I'm 99% certain I will be missing something obvious but not sure what!?

This is going to be a huge learning curve but if there is some software glitch it will be making it very difficult for a beginner like me:-)

I've attached two photos one of which I see and one which is shown in the video.

Thanks in anticipation.

Simon

By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:09 pm
I don't think he provides the actual files for that beat, he says they are taken from various Akai expansions, but I don't see a download link anywhere. I think you are just supposed to watch it and just get the general idea of what to do rather than literally recreating the actual beat in the video.
By SlopeSoarer Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:53 am
I've found some of the samples thanks. This is my first midi experience and I can see it is going to be a challenge initially but think it will be worth the effort.

I have found a more basic tutorial and to be honest learning by mistake and experimenting will probably do well in the long run!

Thanks again

Simon
By BostonGreen Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:46 am
SlopeSoarer wrote:I've found some of the samples thanks. This is my first midi experience and I can see it is going to be a challenge initially but think it will be worth the effort.

I have found a more basic tutorial and to be honest learning by mistake and experimenting will probably do well in the long run!

Thanks again

Simon

The MPC Bible is worth getting, it'll get you up to speed in no time.