New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By SlopeSoarer Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:17 pm
I have recorded myself playing guitar in Audactiy through an audio interface and want to try and try and add to it, the obvious bit is drums initially.

I'm using the Songwriter template which came with MPC Beats and open the audio section and drag my MP3 over to open it in Beats.

How do I get it so it opens the whole mp3 rather than just 2 bars?

Any other tips to help me round this subject are welcome or pointers to reading/videos specifically to do with basic understanding of Beats is appreciated. This is my first foray into MIDI and it's a big learning curve at 62 :Sigh: I've learned a lot in the last couple of days but a very long way to go!

Oh I have a MPK Mini Mk3 as my controller.

Cheers

Simon
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:45 pm
In the Inspector on the left hand side of the screen, set the number of bars from 2 to however many are needed to cover the entire track.

Also consider using a higher quality export from audacity, e.g wav format, 24 bit, mp3 isn’t really suitable as a working format as it’s already compressed
By SlopeSoarer Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:25 pm
Thanks for the reply, I've just been trying increasing the value in presets but when I open the template it goes back to 2 but I guess that was how the template was set up.

Also thanks for the advice re wav format v mp3.

Much appreciated!