New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By converted Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:56 am
Hi there if anyone would give some pointers on the content I need to install on my MPC one, it would be helpful.

I have this list of software available in my Akai pro accounts and unsure which bits to install and why

Firmware
NEW: Network MIDI Driver - MPC 2.11 Firmware Update

This is quite self-explanatory
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software downloads
MPC 2.11 Desktop Software + MPC Synth Content Manager

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regrading these -
F9 Audio Expansion Pack

regarding these - the F9 one I get - is an expansion for both standalone and MPC v2 software -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEMO PROJECTS AND TEMPLATES
FACTORY CONTENT
Essential Sound Libraries (MPC Live / One)

Optional - Legacy Expansions (MPC Live / One)

Optional - AIR Virtual Instruments (MPC Live / One)

regarding
The factory content & essential sound libraries/demo templates---- are these not already on the standalone unit?
or do they need to be installed? or is it for both standalone and desktop software?

- the optional Legacy Expansions and air instruments -- are these like plug-in instruments for the desktop MPC v2 software only? i already have some of the air instruments as 3rd parties plug-ins - so wondering if I need to install them again unless they are available to the standalone as well?

sorry for the basic questions -- I'm just a bit confused as it not obvious from the AKAI pro site
By BostonGreen Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:00 am
converted wrote:Hi there if anyone would give some pointers on the content I need to install on my MPC one, it would be helpful.

I have this list of software available in my Akai pro accounts and unsure which bits to install and why

Firmware
NEW: Network MIDI Driver - MPC 2.11 Firmware Update

Software downloads
MPC 2.11 Desktop Software + MPC Synth Content Manager

Regrading these -
F9 Audio Expansion Pack

regarding these - the F9 one I get - is an expansion for both standalone and MPC v2 software -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEMO PROJECTS AND TEMPLATES
FACTORY CONTENT
Essential Sound Libraries (MPC Live / One)

Optional - Legacy Expansions (MPC Live / One)

Optional - AIR Virtual Instruments (MPC Live / One)

regarding
The factory content & essential sound libraries/demo templates---- are these not already on the standalone unit?
or do they need to be installed? or is it for both standalone and desktop software?

- the optional Legacy Expansions and air instruments -- are these like plug-in instruments for the desktop MPC v2 software only? i already have some of the air instruments as 3rd parties plug-ins - so wondering if I need to install them again unless they are available to the standalone as well?

sorry for the basic questions -- I'm just a bit confused as it not obvious from the AKAI pro site

Yes, demo and factory content should already be on the One.

Air stuff, worth installing, you can always uninstall if duplicated. I could give you a list of what air plugins are included so you can check beforehand...... But not for a couple of hours as just in my way out of the door.

Also, download the Synth Content manager app from your account page, run it and it'll show you what free synths are available and trials of the new synths that came with the new update
By BostonGreen Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:47 am
converted wrote:thanks so the air instruments - & legacy expansion are --- akai plug in version of instruments for MPC only? there now format

Not sure.

The legacy stuff is basically the content that was introduced when the original live, x and touch were brought out I think.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:41 am
Legacy plugin expansions such as the Bank, theWub, 809, Nosie etc. Only work in the MPC Software.

Air virtual instruments - VST plugins such as Mini Grand. Only work in MPC Software.

There might be other 'sample' expansions (Deep House is one of them?), these are for the MPC Software but you can export them for standalone use.
F9 should come with a standalone installer already.

But if you need to install some top quality expansions, go here :)

https://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php ... xpansions/
By converted Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:47 am
thanks -- my next set is get an external USB SATA drive --- for expansion packs and the standalone instruments

do you know what the best drive formatting to use ? i guess FAT32?