New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Dtour Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:28 pm
Hello people. I am new to the MPC world and I have a question which I hope can be answered.

When I set up my MPC One there was mention of my license expiring after 7 days, or something to that effect.
Now sure enough, when I tried to open up the MPC software on my laptop it says it has expired. I assume this means that I can not buy and load any new expansion packs as that needs to go through the laptop first and then onto a SD card.

But, why do I read on the MPC PRO site that the software is free with the purchase of any MPC machine?
By Dtour Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:32 pm
I ended up doing a factory reset as I also noticed many of the items previously found when browsing were no longer on my MPC One. I'm sorry, I don't know how to further explain that but I am sure things were missing.

So after the reset I went back to Akai Pro and I did manage to relocate my lic. code. I redid what I did the first time last week and now all is back to normal. My software is loading up on my laptop, and the wav. xpm. sxq. files are back on the MPC

I had previously opened an account with iLok and plugged in my license for my laptop. It looks like it had "expired" for some reason and was stated as such on iLok. As I mentioned before, I do recall seeing a reference to the license expiring after 7 days. This was on the Akai Pro page when I registered the unit.

I will see if it happens again in a weeks time although I did not see the pending license expiration warning this time around. If I need to pay one third of the units cost for a license I fear the MPC One will be going back to the shop for a refund. I hope that is not the case.

I am a simple [minded?] old school musician/hobbyist. Up until now it has been "plug my Les Paul into the Marshall or Vox and plug that into my Tascam Portastudio." along with my Alesis SR18 drum machine. The learning curve for the MPC type of environment will obviously be much steeper for an old bloke such as me, however I will crack on! It does seem like an amazing piece of kit.

And I stand corrected. Of course I do not need the software to load expansion packs to the MPC. I recall that now. Thanks
By BostonGreen Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:50 pm
Dtour wrote:I ended up doing a factory reset as I also noticed many of the items previously found when browsing were no longer on my MPC One. I'm sorry, I don't know how to further explain that but I am sure things were missing.

So after the reset I went back to Akai Pro and I did manage to relocate my lic. code. I redid what I did the first time last week and now all is back to normal. My software is loading up on my laptop, and the wav. xpm. sxq. files are back on the MPC

I had previously opened an account with iLok and plugged in my license for my laptop. It looks like it had "expired" for some reason and was stated as such on iLok. As I mentioned before, I do recall seeing a reference to the license expiring after 7 days. This was on the Akai Pro page when I registered the unit.

I will see if it happens again in a weeks time although I did not see the pending license expiration warning this time around. If I need to pay one third of the units cost for a license I fear the MPC One will be going back to the shop for a refund. I hope that is not the case.

I am a simple [minded?] old school musician/hobbyist. Up until now it has been "plug my Les Paul into the Marshall or Vox and plug that into my Tascam Portastudio." along with my Alesis SR18 drum machine. The learning curve for the MPC type of environment will obviously be much steeper for an old bloke such as me, however I will crack on! It does seem like an amazing piece of kit.

And I stand corrected. Of course I do not need the software to load expansion packs to the MPC. I recall that now. Thanks

The MPC Bible is well worth the spend, it'll get you up to speed in no time at all
By Dtour Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:14 pm
Absolutely. The Bible is something I will get as the "Manual" supplied by Akai is sub-par. I'm trying to make sure it's not way too much for my needs first, and that I might return it. However, the more I fiddle with it the more it is starting to make sense. And I am beginning to really enjoy it.